The title is a bit misleading here. It’s not necessarily just about the sandwich brands. I’m not saying their lack of inventiveness is making the sandwich market sterile, but I do think they should consider some new alternatives to shake up the sandwich industry.
Having stated that, there was one sandwich (sadly I have forgotten the brand) I had last year; Cheese and Spring Onion. This thing was the best sandwich I have had in a long time! Reminiscing of this got me in the creative mood, so I came up with a new list of amazing sandwiches you should try for your lunch/breakfast/dinner!
- Ham and Jam – Jam is very popular. Even miserable people like jam. And ham is well liked by most people (except vegetarians and pigs). It’s a winning combination that has never happened, a culinary tour de force few have tasted. Make it today!
- Bonjela – Plain and simple, everybody loves bonjela. Therefore it makes great sense that bonjela would be great as a sandwich. Spread liberally onto your bread and enjoy!
- Pot Noodle – Usually Pot Noodles are eaten out of their plastic tubs, but there is no reason why they can’t make a good sandwich. Cook as normal, but drain most of the liquid from the tub and then add to the finest, supermarket no-frills bargain brand baguette you can find.
- Marmite and Tuna – Marmite lovers will simply adore this creation! Slather with a large amount of marmite and add the tuna chunks! For an ever better kick, chuck in a fried egg and a dollop of horseradish.
- Marshmellows and Cheese – Marshmellows remind everyone of happy occasions, and cheese just about goes with everything ever. Mix the two together and you get one heck of a sandwich.
- Haggis and Taramasalta – A sheep’s heart, lungs, liver and kidneys boiled in its stomach with a tasty filling. Slap all this on bread and you have a feast of a sandwich.
- Sprouts and Baked Beans – Anyone in need of a hearty boost should try this concoction! Healthy and filling.
- Fish heads and Corned Beef Hash– Get to your nearest fish market and pick up some cheap fish heads, mix with hearty corned beef hash and you have a real winner.
- Wasabi and chicken nuggets– Sushi fans will simply love a slice of wholemeal bread crammed with spicy wasabi blocks. Guaranteed to put hair on your eyebrows. Add in your favourite brand of wholesome chicken nuggets for additional health “benefits”.
- Prunes, Figs and Mayonnaise – A real wake-up call in the morning! Make yourself popular in your household as this is guaranteed (by approximately 78%) to wake up the biggest sleepy head in your family.
(NB: These sandwich fillers have been observed to produce unpleasant side effects in some consumers. Symptoms may include; agitation, vomiting, anger, belligerence, and/or a refusal to let you ever make a sandwich for them again.)